Funded by the generous support of Jim and Valeria Shapiro, this award is open to students who have declared a Minor in Italian and plan to participate in the Study Abroad program in Italy sponsored by the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures. Two students will be awarded $1,250 each.
- Students must have declared a minor in Italian
- Students must have a 3.0 GPA overall and a 3.2 in Italian
- Preference will be given to students who have taken at least two Italian courses at the 3000 level before receiving the scholarship. Alternatively, the student should have demonstrated proficiency in Italian at this level
- Preference will be given to those individuals with financial need who show general merit
- The award must be toward the Study Abroad program in Italy sponsored by the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures
- To get an application form, email Alma Alarcon at [email protected]
- A one (1) page essay describing why they would like to study in Italy and how this experience will enhance their academic pursuits
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (one from a current faculty member and one from a member of the community)
- Applications should be sent to Alma Alarcon at [email protected] with a cc to [email protected]
The deadline for applications is set for February 22, 2023 at 5 pm.
Alma Alarcon at [email protected]