French is one of the most common languages in the word, with more than 230 million speakers in 57 different countries worldwide.
The UCF Department of Modern Languages & Literatures offers courses in elementary, intermediate and advanced French language as well as Francophone literature, culture and translation.
Why study French?
- You will be able to easily navigate in France, Canada, and all other French-speaking countries.
- Are you are considering a career in Florida? French is a common language, due to an influx of Haitian and French-Canadian residents.
- If you are planning to work in diplomacy, French is one of the official languages of the United Nations, European Union and Canada.
- French will open your horizons to culinary delights such as crepes, macaroons, and a multitude of cheese and wines!
- With a French major or minor, you are prepared to discover the Francophone world, work as a diplomat, join the Peace Corps in Africa and other parts of the world, work as a translator and interpreter, and increase your marketability in our global world!
- French and Francophone Studies B.A.
- French Minor
- French Translation and Interpretation Certificate
- Latin American Studies BA
- Latin American Studies Minor
- Intensive English Program
- Study Abroad in France
» View available courses
(Search FRE, FRW and FRT prefixes)
- Pi Delta Phi (French Honor Society)
- Le café francophone
- UCF-Hillcrest Foreign Language Club