Florida Public Institution

College of Arts and Humanities students wishing to attend another Florida public institution (state college or university) are required to complete an electronic transient form through Florida Virtual Campus at https://www.floridashines.org/. Students should select “Take a Course” from the blue menu in the middle of the page. Please download the complete instructions for completing the electronic transient application: HOW TO TRANSIENT APPLICATION.

Electronic transient forms are usually processed by the college within 24–48 hours of submission.

Students planning on using any transient course for their major or minor must verify with their major or minor advisor that the transient course will count toward the requirements. NOTE: It is against university policy to be transient in the graduating term.

For questions regarding Florida Virtual Campus, please visit https://www.floridashines.org/get-help for more information.

Florida Private or Out-of-State Institution

College of Arts and Humanities students wishing to attend a non-Florida or private institution must complete a paper transient form.  Students should contact CAHSA for information on completing a transient form. Students considering taking courses transient at an out-of-state or international institution should contact a CAHSA advisor immediately.

Students who have been approved to take classes at another institution while attending UCF might have those hours counted toward meeting financial aid requirements for some programs at UCF.

If you have questions regarding the submission of transient requests, please contact us at [email protected].

Financial Aid Information

Transient enrollment will not meet eligibility criteria for institutional aid programs, such as UCF Grant, UCF Scholars Award or Pegasus Scholarships. Courses taken elsewhere must meet some major or general education requirements to be calculated as part of student aid eligibility. All of the following documents must be submitted to the Office of Student Financial Assistance on or before the withdrawal deadline of the term in which aid is to be disbursed:

  1. Transient Form for Financial Aid;
  2. Approved Advisor Authorization Form obtained from www.floridashines.org or Transient Student Approval Form with all required signatures;
  3. A copy of the fee invoice and class schedule from other institution confirming that the classes and hours enrolled match the Transient Form for Financial Aid; and
  4. A completed Consortium Agreement Form signed by the financial aid office of the transient school.

Transient enrolled students must make arrangements to pay tuition and fees at the visited school since there is no system for deferral of those tuition and fees. In addition, it is the student’s responsibility to insure that the visited school promptly provides the UCF Registrar’s Office with academic transcripts at the conclusion of the term, confirming that the attempted hours are completed. This will help avoid academic progress problems.

Students who expect to receive funds under any of the federal loan programs must enroll for a minimum of six undergraduate hours at UCF in UCF classes to meet eligibility requirements. Students may not receive financial aid from two institutions at the same time. Students must decide which of the two institutions is the primary school at which they are degree seeking and apply for aid there. Any inaccuracy will result in a mandatory repayment to one of the two schools for the overpayment.

If you have questions regarding Financial Aid, please contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance.