Academic standing is “Placed on Probation” or “Continued on Probation”
As a result of being placed or continued on Academic Probation, CAHSA will put an advising hold on your records after the Add/Drop/Swap deadline. This hold will not be lifted until you have successfully completed all the CAHSA advising requirements.
If you have questions about your enrollment, please contact your CAHSA advisor from your UCF email.
Advising requirements for CAH students on academic probation who are currently enrolled in courses
The following requirements must be met before the advising hold is removed from your account. The advising hold must be lifted before you will be able to register for a subsequent semester(s).
- You will be enrolled in the “CAH Academic Success” webcourse. This course is for advising purposes only-you will not earn any credit hours or be charged any fees for this course. You must read through all the modules and should keep checking the webcourse throughout the semester for new modules to open up.
- You MUST meet with an academic advisor in CAHSA prior to the withdrawal deadline. This mandatory appointment will serve as an advising check-in to review your progress in your current courses. Appointments will be held in the weeks leading up to the withdrawal deadline.
- Prior to your academic advising appointment with CAHSA you should complete the “Mandatory Advising Appointment” quiz found in the webcourse.
- You will meet with your major advisor to create a plan of study for the upcoming semester(s). A plan of study is a listing of the courses you plan to take. It is your responsibility to contact your major advisor to schedule this meeting. You should take the plan of study document with you to your appointment.
- Once you have your approved plan of study from your major advisor, you will submit it to your CAHSA advisor for review. You should bring the plan of study with you to your CAHSA advising appointment in TCH 159 or can submit it from your UCF email to your CAHSA advisor. Once reviewed, an advisor will provide you with feedback and lift your CAH advising hold.
You will receive email updates to your UCF email from CAHSA regarding these advising requirements throughout the semester. It is CRITICAL that you continue to check and read your UCF email throughout the semester.
If you do not complete all of these steps, the advising hold will remain on your account. You will not be able to enroll in courses while the hold is in place.
These requirements are designed to ensure that you understand the policies governing your academic standing and to assist you in reaching your academic goals.
Advising requirements for students on academic probation who are not currently enrolled in courses
The following requirements must be met before the advising hold is removed from your account. The advising hold must be lifted in order to register for subsequent semester.
- You will meet with your major advisor to discuss your course options for the next semester. Your major advisor will help you come up with a plan of study, which is a listing of courses that you plan to enroll in. You are responsible for contacting your major advisor to schedule this appointment.
- You will submit your approved plan of study from your major advisor to your CAHSA advisor for review. You can do this in person to CAHSA in TCH 159 or from your UCF email to your CAHSA advisor. Your plan of study will be reviewed and an advisor will provide you feedback. At that time, the CAH hold will be lifted to allow for enrollment.
- Please keep in mind that the CAH hold will be placed back on your account following the add/drop/swap period of the semester you are enrolled in courses.
If you have any questions regarding your academic standing, please contact your CAHSA advisor from your UCF email.