Winners may receive up to $1000. Scholarship will be awarded during the academic year following the semester of application.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student with a declared major in the UCF College of Arts and Humanities.
- Minimum 3.7 overall GPA
- Graduate and undergraduate applicants will be evaluated separately based on criteria considered “excellent” by the scholarship committee.
- For undergraduate applicants, the committee looks for evidence of excellence in:
- Academics (GPA, honor societies, HIM, undergraduate research).
- Demonstrated service to the community and/or campus or community leadership.
- Written communication (as evidenced by the letter of intent).
- For graduate applicants, the committee looks for evidence of excellence in:
- Academic rigor (GPA)
- Demonstrated engagement with the professional and/or scholarly community (i.e., conferences, publications, exhibitions, research, performance or service to the profession)
- Written communication (as evidenced by the letter of intent)
- A clearly worded and well-organized letter of intent, between 750 and 1000 words explaining how a degree from the UCF College of Arts and Humanities expands your understanding of one or more of the following areas: diversity, cultural awareness, freedom of expression, or tolerance. Provide examples of how your activities inside and/or outside the university have connected to your education in the arts and humanities. Activities can include but are not limited to community service, volunteer work, and participation in clubs/groups.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Letters of recommendation should address the applicant’s character and work ethic.
- One letter must be from a CAH faculty member
- Important: Winners will be asked to produce hard copies with original signatures.
- A current résumé of no more than three pages.
- An unofficial degree audit. Official transcripts will be required from winning applicants.
- A completed and submitted scholarship application form via myUCF.
- Winners may have a photo published on the CAH website.
Students can apply for this scholarship using myUCF.
- Log on to myUCF
- Navigate to: Student Self Service > Scholarship Application > Add a New Application
- On the subsequent page, you will see a list of scholarships for which you may be eligible. Choose the link for “CAH Scholarship Award.”
For more information about the myUCF application process, download the Scholarship Application eForm Student Reference guide.
Deadline: Friday, March 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM
Awards and scholarships are considered a resource and must be included as a part of a student’s financial aid cost of attendance. If a scholarship exceeds your financial cost of attendance, a reduction to your financial aid may occur.
Awards only apply to credits taken at UCF College of Arts and Humanities.
If you have questions or concerns, contact Wendy Perez (407-823-2251 or [email protected]) or Lyman Brodie ( [email protected]).