UCF Mission Statement
UCF is a public research university invested in unleashing the potential within every individual; enriching the human experience through inclusion, discovery, and innovation; and propelling broad-based prosperity for the many communities we serve.
The College of Arts and Humanities seeks to enhance and develop programs of excellence in both the arts and humanities that are recognized for their academic quality, creative output and economic impact in our community.
We will harness our scale, diversity and excellence to achieve the greatest impact on our campus, regional, and global communities. We pursue our significant opportunities for interdisciplinary endeavors and recognize the impact that traditional and innovative approaches in the arts and humanities can have across all disciplines.
College Strategic Goals
- By leveraging partnerships, be in and of our community, creating a positive impact on lives and livelihoods, underscoring the value of a liberal arts education, and demonstrating the importance of lifelong learning.
- Foster an environment that encourages cross-disciplinary collaborations and activity.
- Construct a technology-rich arts center with flexible, state-of-the-arts spaces that will allow for traditional and innovative performances.
- Provide positive, high-impact student experiences that grants all students, faculty, and staff opportunities to access the arts and humanities.
- Identify and expand distinguished undergraduate and graduate programs to increase their prominence and enrollment.
- Increase annual giving and major gifts, both in number of donors and in total amount of donations.
- Provide opportunities to strengthen the research and educational missions of the university.
- Champion diversity and inclusion, because diverse viewpoints strengthen decisions and innovation happens when diverse viewpoints work together.