Explore the relationship between the history of rhetoric and contemporary writing and literary practices. The M.A. in Rhetoric and Composition trains students to engage in technologically adept, theory-informed research and teaching about rhetoric, writing and literacy.
Students in the program
- Learn from nationally recognized faculty in small class sizes
- Explore how rhetorical theory can inform the teaching and practice of discourse
- Conduct, present and publish advanced research
- Prepare for secondary or college teaching positions, professional management positions, Ph.D. programs and nonprofits.
- Foster relationships with faculty whose specializations include professional writing, literacy development, disability rhetoric, gender studies and queer and feminist rhetorics.
Learn more by attending an information session.
Sign up to be notified of the next session by emailing [email protected]