The Field Manor, located on Merritt Island, Florida, is seeking multiple interns interested in historical preservation, exhibit creation, archival research and project creation, and public-facing roles including education and tour guiding.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Historic Preservation
This intern will go through Field Manor’s archival collection and catalogue what they find. This intern will learn about the accession process and how to best organize materials for the Museum. This intern will learn how to use PastPerfect, as well as organizing collection material in a backup file on Microsoft Excel. Additionally, this intern will catalogue the inventory of non-historic items on the property and conduct research into the genealogy of the family – verifying records and compiling single source files on each family member.
- Museum and Museum Education
This intern will partake in public-facing roles to help guests learn about the history of the site. There are additional roles this intern could take on, such as brainstorming engaging programming for all ages to keep guests engaged during tours, properly cleaning historic collection items, and communicating with local high school students regarding their senior projects, among other roles.
There are also additional opportunities to be had in development, gardening and groves, and other departments of the Field Manor.
- Enrolled and pursuing a degree in History, Anthropology, Public History, or similar field at UCF
- Familiar with technology and computers, including Microsoft Office
- Familiar or willing to learn to work with Past Perfect
- Understand artifact handling and care
- Understand the accession process
- Record condition information
- Able to work independently
Please contact [email protected] for more information.