DeBary Historic Hall is looking for 2 interns for the spring 2023 semester. This internship would be an excellent opportunity for those interested in public history, museum education, and archival work. The site is open from 10 am to 4 pm, making it a flexible option for those that work or take classes later in the day.
Interested students should contact [email protected] with further questions, or to submit their resume and CV for consideration.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Museum Education
This intern would assist the Education Coordinator on revamping the site’s historical programming to make it accessible for all ages. This work coincides with the work of the other intern’s work, making it a collaborative teamwork effort.
- In the Archives
This intern would assist the Site Director in the archives, reorganizing and identifying artifacts. This intern could assist the education intern in their historical programming work based upon what is found in the archive with Site Director approval.
Interns should be:
- Enrolled and pursuing a degree in History, Anthropology, Public History, or similar field at UCF
- Familiar with technology and computers, including Microsoft Office
- Familiar or willing to learn to work with Past Perfect
- Understand artifact handling and care
- Understand the accession process
- Record condition information
- Able to work independently