Location: UCF Art Gallery
This exhibition is the result of a collaborative partnership between the UCF Art Gallery at the University of Central Florida and the Rollins Museum of Art to celebrate and support emerging professional artists working in Florida. Juried by an external panel of three professionals from various areas of the art world, this year’s edition of the exhibition features six artists with diverse practices. The selection includes a variety of media, themes, scales, and approaches, showing a wide breadth of perspectives and experiences. Works by the six finalists will be shown at both venues, creating opportunities for engagement with two of the area’s major academic constituencies and their surrounding communities. The winning artist of Pathways: The Carlos Malamud Prize will receive a $10,000 cash prize, a solo exhibition at the RMA in the summer of 2023, and will participate as a juror for the following edition of the exhibition. The winner will also receive additional professional development and support. This consistent engagement over time makes Pathways unique and transformative among other art competitions. It hopes to nurture emerging artists and provide a pathway to success, which coincides with the core missions of both presenting institutions.
This year’s finalists are Eugene Ofori Agyei, Channing Gray, Aimee Jones, Eric Ondina, Ivan Riascos, and April Webb.
The finalists were selected by an independent panel of jurors:
Liz Parks, Art Advisor and Founder of Parks Fine Art, New York
Jonell Logan, Independent Curator and Vice President and Creative Director of the McColl Center, North Carolina Omari Booker, Visual Artist, Los Angeles, and Nashville
Join us for the following events:
- Opening Reception at UCF Art Gallery on Thursday, May 19 from 5-7pm, Register Here
- Opening Reception and Prize Winner Announcement at the Rollins Museum of Art on Friday, May 20 from 5:30-7pm – RSVP by May 13 to [email protected]
- Virtual Artist Panel with Ivan Riascos, Channing Gray, and Aimee Jones on Tuesday, June 7 at 6pm, Register Here
- Virtual Artist Panel with Eugene Agyei, Eric Ondina, and April Webb on Tuesday, June 21 at 6pm, Register Here
- Gallery Tour at UCF Art Gallery on Friday, August 26 from 11am-noon, Register Here
- Gallery Tour at Rollins Museum of Art on Friday, September 2 from 11am-noon
The funding for the prize is generously provided by Mr. Carlos Malamud of Miami, FL and the exhibition and catalogue was generously funded by the Pabst Steinmetz Foundation.