Location: UCF Art Gallery
The UCF Art Gallery at the University of Central Florida is seeking Exhibition Proposals for the 2023-2024 academic year. Solo artists, artist groups and curators are encouraged to apply. The gallery resides in the University of Central Florida’s School of Visual Arts and Design located in Orlando, Florida. The gallery has about 3700 square feet of space with over 230 linear feet of wall space and about 96 feet of moveable wall space. Link to gallery website: https://cah.ucf.edu/gallery/
Exhibition Proposals will be accepted through November 13, 2022 and works in all media will be considered. Notification of acceptance will be by December 16, 2022.
Eligibility: Artists/curators should not currently be enrolled in an undergraduate academic program. Submission materials should show professional experience that demonstrates preparedness for a solo exhibition / curate exhibition.
To apply, please upload the following via Submittable: (link: bit.ly/Proposals23-24)
- Bio – Briefly describe your background, education, and professional experience. (max 250 words)
- Artist Statement or Curatorial Statement – Briefly describe your professional art practice, research, and conceptual motivations. (max 250 words)
- Current Curriculum Vitae or Résumé
- Proposed Exhibition Title
- Proposed Exhibition Statement – Provide clear and concise description of the exhibition you are proposing (solo or group), conceptual motivations and its intention. (max 250 words)
- Proposed exhibition installation details – Include the approximate number of artworks, installation process and requirements, equipment and material needs, and if you will be providing any special equipment to support the artworks.)
- Student Interactions – Describe how you and your work would interface and appeal to the diverse program offerings and student body in School of Visual Arts and Design at the University of Central Florida. https://svad.cah.ucf.edu/
- 20 Artworks – Submit applicable and available work in any medium with title, medium, dimensions or duration, and year completed (Still images – Upload individual JPEG image of applicable and available work (at least 1200 pixels [in longest direction] and 300dpi resolution) – Acceptable file types: .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .tif, .tiff, .png – Video and time-based work – Acceptable file types: mp4, .mov)
Support: There is no entry fee, and we will provide a modest honorarium to off-set the cost of shipping/travel. However, we greatly appreciate any support sources you might suggest or funding you might provide for the proposed exhibition.
Thank you in advance for your time in submitting to the call for exhibitions and we look forward to reviewing your proposal.