Financial Literacy for Educators Certificate Program
Online and self-paced. Enroll any time and complete within 6 months.
UCF CREATE in partnership with UCF Continuing Education
Course Designer and Advisor: Tracey R. Morrison, M. Ed.
PREPARING FOR THE FUTURE
The Financial Literacy for Educators Certificate Program takes teachers and community leaders on a train the trainer financial literacy journey. The online course consists of 7 modules in budgeting, use of bank accounts, credit, taxes, investing, student loans, and home & auto information. The assignments provide practical hands-on experience with plenty of practice opportunities. By the end of the learning experience, you will be able to immediately present financial literacy training that will engage your students.
The course curriculum aligns and fulfills the newly enacted “Financial Literacy Instruction in Public Schools [SB 1054]” or the “Dorothy L. Hukill Financial Literacy Act” whereby high school students in Florida must complete a one-half credit of instruction in personal financial literacy and money management.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL?
This program is tailored for educators, school administrators, and community workers who teach Financial Literacy to students.
- 100% online program consists of (7) self-paced modules.
- Each module is delivered online, can be taken independently, and delivered asynchronously.
- Relevant and rich content offers students learning, demonstration, and practice on key financial literacy and financial decision-making skills.
- Modules include knowledge and comprehension as well as case studies or real-world scenarios.
- Progressive development requires an 85% proficiency before advancement into next module.
- Each module will have learning objectives, Florida State and International Society for Technology in Education standards which align with FLDE requirements, an introduction, course content, case scenario, organizational assessments, and a quiz.
- Participants will have the opportunity to communicate directly with course instructors for additional feedback.
Upon Course Completion You will receive:
- a certificate
- a digital badge
- 5 CEUs
- a Student Assessment workbook (PDF)
You will need access to:
- a computer
- the internet
- Microsoft Word or Google Docs
- Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- a PDF reader
Canvas Instructure products support the current and previous major releases of the following browsers:
- Chrome106 and 107
- Firefox105 and 106 (Extended Releases are not supported)
- Edge104 and 105
- Respondus Lockdown Browser(supporting the latest system requirements)
- Safari 15 and 16 (Macintosh only)
- UCF Continuing Education – 407-882-0260
- Tollfree – 866-232-5834
- Email: [email protected]