Scholarship for Graduate Students in Performing and Visual Arts
Graduate students in the UCF School of Visual Art & Design or the School of Performing Arts are eligible for scholarships worth up to $4,000 Scholarship will be awarded during the academic year following the semester of application.
- Applicant must be enrolled at the university (or will be enrolled in Summer or Fall 2023) as a full-time or part-time graduate student in the School of Visual Arts & Design (SVAD) or the School of Performing Arts (SPA).
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- A 1-page artist statement that addresses your academic and career goals, and an explanation of financial need. Statement must not exceed 300 words, single spacing, and a 12-point font.
- At least one (1) letter of recommendation. Letters of recommendation should address the applicant’s character and work ethic. You will be able to attach them with the application.
- Current Students: Letter must be from a current or previous graduate or undergraduate professor within SVAD or the SPA; the other can come from another faculty member in or outside the SPA, or from an individual outside the university who knows you professionally.
- Incoming Students: Letter must be from a previous graduate or undergraduate professor who can speak to your artistic merit; the other can come from another faculty member or a community member.
- Important: Winners will be asked to produce hard copies with original signatures.
- A current résumé
- An unofficial degree audit. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for evaluation purposes only. Award is dependent on official transcripts.
- Submit a professional quality example of art or audio that shows your growth as an art or music student. Creative work sample may be submitted in any of the following forms:
- Still image: include a still image portfolio of no more than 10 selected works. Image(s) should be neatly packaged in a single JPG or PDF file
- Music applicants: Please submit no more than 10 minutes of professional-quality audio (in MP3 format) or video recordings (see below).
- Audio and Video: submit link(s) via Vimeo or YouTube in the body of a text document (DOC, DOCX, PDF). Video and audio clips may not exceed a combined total of 10 minutes. Be sure in your application materials to include the URL and/or other access information for selection committee members to review your materials.
- Winner(s) may have a photo published on the CAH website and will be asked to write a thank you letter to the scholarship donor. Winner’s work and likeness may be used for marketing and promotional purposes for the University of Central Florida.
Students can apply for this scholarship using myUCF.
- Log on to myUCF
- Navigate to: Student Self Service > Scholarship Application > Add a New Application
- On the subsequent page, you will see a list of scholarships for which you may be eligible. Choose the link for “Adler Family Fund for Excellence Scholarship.”
For more information about the myUCF application process, download the Scholarship Application eForm Student Reference guide.
Deadline: Monday, April 3, 2023 at 11:59 PM
Awards and scholarships are considered a resource and must be included as a part of a student’s financial aid cost of attendance. If a scholarship exceeds your financial cost of attendance, a reduction to your financial aid may occur.
Awards only apply to credits taken at UCF College of Arts and Humanities.